Monday, April 05, 2004

Today is the ten year anniversary of the death of Kurt Cobain, a beautiful human being and a larger than life talent. Although the pain of his passing has lessened as the years have gone by, the loss is still there. I have forgotten most things from when I was a teen, but I do remember where I was when he died. It was April 8 I was in the kitchen chopping something and the news was on in the background, when a special report came on saying the body of Kurt Cobain was found and it was an apparent suicide. The coroner thought his body was in the house since April 5. I much like the rest of the world knew Cobain had problems as evident in his drug use, but he was supposed to finally get the much needed help he deserved. I guess this was a quicker way for him to get rid of the pain he had endured for most of his life. I was angry at him though, how could someone who was so smart be so dumb as to take himself away from his daughter. The daughter who looks exactly like him, who has never really known her father, who was a wee baby when he killed himself. All the world had was his music which is comforting, but I hope in between Courtney Love's self destructive rants she tried to keep Frances Bean aware of what a good man her father was.

No comments: