Friday, April 09, 2004

Apparently the Friday Five is here this week. It is just not up as early as I check it. Too bad no one bothered to tell me. Anyway here are my answers.

1. What do you do for a living? I sell advertising for a newspaper.

2. What do you like most about your job? The camaraderie of some of my coworkers. They make dealing with the mean customers easy. I mean I know my job in the scheme of things is not important. I am not doing anything great for mankind. It pays my bills and I am content with that. This is why I occupy my life with things that are rewarding. My writing, crafts, knitting and travels. I do know it is an easy job and I am grateful for it. I could be a miner for pete's sake.

3. What do you like least about your job? The nasty customers who are dumb. I don't mind the nice dumb customers.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because production messed up or the customer does not know how to PDF an ad properly.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in? Don't know what I want to do when I grow up. If you asked me when I was a kid I would say a teacher, or a writer, or a lawyer or an anthropologist. I mean I do write. I write every day. I might not get paid for it but that doesn't bother me. I have a means to pay my bills. I do the blog, the poetry and the occasional article because I enjoy it so.


We just got back from some last minute Easter food shopping and went to our local book store to get some thing to read. I so love the book store. I loved to read early on and immediately loved the feeling books and bookstores gave me. I love the smell of new books and the opportunities they gave me to open up my world; whether it was reading about another country or just another person's point of view. One of the few places I feel truly happy.

Niel and I had a conversation about dogs and cats. We both agreed that we would get a dog when we can(I am less allergic to them) because(no offense to cat owners...I had a cat since I was 18) some cats just seem like angry teenagers. They don't want to hang out with you when they don't need something from you; while dogs love you no matter what.

No comments: