Thursday, March 11, 2004

Three movies I am interested in seeing are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (It seems very quirky and I enjoy quirky), Jersey Girl (I have forgiven Ben for the whole Bennifer thing..I think you should to) and The Prince and Me (don't judge).
Last night I think I may have cooked the last Martha Stewart recipe. The recipe is New Orleans Shrimp and Rice.
I found the recipe in her magazine. So this is why I had to write it out and not link it.
You melt a stick of butter and add a tablespoon of flour to make a rue. Then you add one chopped shallot and two chopped green peppers(I only had one so that is what I used) and a cup of celery to saute for about 7 minutes. The recipe next called for 1 can of chicken stock and one 24 ounce can of plum tomatoes but I only had crushed so that is what I used. Also add in chopped parsley, 1 3/4 tablespoon of Cajun seasonings, a few drops of tabasco sauce, and 1 tablespoon of paprika. I also added salt and pepper. You let that cook for half and hour and then add a pound of shrimp to cook for a few mintues longer. You are supposed to eat it with rice. Man we soo enjoyed it. It has so far been a good food week. Tonight we are eating left overs of the shrimp and rice, and chicken Parmesan. Mmmm.

No comments: