Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all whom celebrate it!

I was hoping to make an Irish dinner for tonight's meal. Although Niel and I are not remotely Irish I thought it would be fun. But the recipe I want to use will take too long to make after work, so I am going to cook the dish on Saturday night. I will let you know how it comes out. I thought I was the only weirdo that celebrates other cultures holidays by eating their foods, but I'm not, a few ladies from my office do the same.

I added another list on my side bar. It is of the restaurants I mentioned I wanted to try. My coworker and friend Isabelle is not helping the matter by giving me menus of interesting places.

Niel and I thought we were going to work late last night, so we decided to go out to eat dinner. YAY! But because of the storm the Indian restaurant we wanted to try was out of the question since it was a bit far. Plus all the Sushi talk that Little Things was doing yesterday made me want some really badly. Niel mentioned a Sushi restaurant that opened in Glendale. This is the first of its kind in that area that I know of. I was soooo happy to have a Sushi place remotely close to our neighborhood, because I looooooove Sushi. But we didn't want to stay on the bus that long so we just went to the Sushi place in our neighborhood. The Sushi was awesome. We had Miso soup, salad, fish tempura, Goyza, Shumai, Sushi and Sashimi, sweet potato roll tempura and General Tsao's chicken. The sweet potato roll tempura was our favorite. We never had it before and Niel had the good judgment to order it. I was hesitant at first to try it, but I was happy I had. It was so flavorful. Mmmmmm! Then we walked home to work off gorging ourselves. How many times did I say Sushi in that paragraph?

I haven't given up on the knitting. Work has been pretty busy lately so me and my knitting buddy Elaine haven't had a chance to do much. But Niel will have his scarf darn it, even if it is the first and last thing I knit. I want to be able to finish on the things I start.

No comments: