Monday, January 19, 2004

Well I am at work today and yay Elaine is back. Although understandably she is tired but back! MLK counts as a floating holiday for my company. Here is my weekend in a nutshell. After cleaning Friday night I cooked jambalaya for our dinner. It sure was tasty. We ended eating it all through the weekend. Besides being yummy it saved money as well.

Saturday we got a late start at running our errands. It was too gross out to leave our warm apartment any earlier. In the evening Ted and Maria came over for a game of Trivial Pursuit – Twentieth Anniversary edition. Ted beat all of us. I was getting a lot of the answers right this time. Mostly because they were landing on the pink category which is entertainment. It sure is nice to have a couple that has been over to our apartment.

The snacks we served were jalapeno poppers, Pepperoni rolls (I added mozzarella to it) and corn and jalapeno muffins. We also had apple cake for dessert.

We were watching a program on VH1 that highlighted the worst music videos. The people they had on commenting really had no idea what they were talking about. If you're going to make a comment about a certain celebrity get the facts straight.

Most of Sunday I spent rearranging our snapfish albums. By the time I was done my butt, index finger and eyes were tired. I still have about 10% of the wedding album to do but that is ok. I decided I won't send Snapfish any film to be developed. I however do not have no problem with getting prints from them for our digital pictures. If anyone wants to check out the pics on snapfish just sign up. It’s free.

We also watched Finding Nemo. It was such a funny and sweet movie. Ellen Degeneres is hysterical!!! The imagery was mesmerizing!

I wanted to get the shelf for the pantry but the roads were too bad even just to drive a few miles to Home Depot .

I am having a bit of writer’s block and to go along with that, a bit of self-doubt. Niel has helped me along greatly by reading the stories and giving advice. However I decided I need to take a break. I will go back to the stories when I am more inspired. I’ve overwhelmed myself with all these projects. Although I enjoy being busy. (I don’t know how else to be), I’m kind of burnt out. I do feel guilty about having writers block because I have been writing some of these stories for a long time now.

Dinner Sunday night was a delicious chili pie from Real Simple magazine. It was the perfect warm meal to accompany the not so warm temperatures outside. (And lucky me gets to have leftovers for lunch today). As we ate we watched the third Indiana Jones movie. I find it interesting the consistent theme of religion in George Lucas' films. I guess that theme of good verses bad is universal.

Chili Pie Recipe
1 lb of sweet Italian chicken sausage(remove casings)
1TB Chili Powder
2 15 ounce cans kidney beans in sauce
1/2 cup hot salsa
1 8.5 ounce box corn bread mix(requires one egg and 1/3 cup of water)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 400F. Cook the sausage over medium heat in an oven safe skillet, breaking and cooking meat until browned. Drain the fat. Add the chili powder and cook, strirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add the beans and salsa. Heat to boiling. Meanwhile, prepare the corn bread mix according g to the label directions.. Stir in the cheddar. Remove the chili from the heat and spread the corn bread batter over the chili. Place the skillet in the oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove and rest for 10 minutes before eating. Enjoy!

No comments: