Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Happy Armenian Christmas and Three Kings Day .
I visited Elaine yesterday and have spoken with her a few times. She looks and sounds good. The doctors told her the earliest she would be out is Thursday. I hope she feels better very soon.
I have been inspired by the newest blog I read to add shelves to our small pantry. This will be the next house project. Our pantry sits above our oven and is the size of a small crate, with only one small shelf. I am constantly rearranging it and trying to find creative ways for the contents not to fall out on one of us every time we open one of the doors.
It was so very nice being on vacation. I felt like I was on one large 4 week one. We went away for a week and when I came back it was the holidays and luckily I had a lot of days off. Now I am back to regular hours and my exhaustion and aggravation has returned. I come home tired and conk on the sofa after dinner to the sounds of the various TV. shows in the background. Some are of men throwing each other around in the ring, others are of couples arguing at a silly thing one of them did. I know I am lucky just to work and have the luxury to be able to travel and purchase things I need and want(someday like a house with a two door fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, pantry and so on). I just hope I can work from home one day and be successful at it. I can wake up when I want or need to(which is usually early) and do as much work as I need or want; as well as other things that need to be taken care of. I am sure it is difficult to work from home because most people would think that I would be goofing off and would be upset they could not be home also. Plus you would also need to prove yourself more.

No comments: