Monday, September 29, 2003

The weekend happily did not pass too quickly as it did the last. Friday evening I cleaned and did a load of laundry.
Saturday I hung out with Maria. We had breakfast at the Jackson Hole on Bell Blvd. in Bayside. This neat 50's themed diner. Then we went to the Bay terrace Mall to see Under the Tucson Sun. The movie was superb. It had a great story line and beautiful scenery! I had a lot of fun! Then we walked around the Mall and went back to her place and had chili with Ted. It was good chili! They drove me home and I watched Trading Spaces. A really neat home improvement show.
Sunday I was happy to have Niel back home. He took a much-needed nap and I did two more loads of laundry.
We then headed over to my parents where my mother made a feast for my brother's birthday. She made fried blue fish, pork with sauerkraut and cabbage, potato salad (not the kind with mayo), salad, spinach and mushroom frittata. It was all so tasty. For dessert we had Black Forest Cake. My mom is an excellent cook and Armenians are typically known to be hospitable. Their guests are treated like family and I think that is the way it should be. I remember when relatives or friends of the family came to visit my parents would give them their beds. We then proceeded to watch my parents’ video from their West Coast trip.
We came home and watched a movie and fell asleep. Today I have tasty leftovers and hope the week is going to be nice. The weather is pretty nice, well at least for me. I enjoy the crispness in the air.

No comments: