Wednesday, July 23, 2003

The mosaic pot does not look as bad as I thought. It isn't great but not horrific. I think the problem is I added too much grout. Next time I will try not to put on so much. I hope the second one I make won't be as bumpy and someday all the pots will be smooth.
New York has had a lot of rain these past few days. It is funny last Summer we had a lack of water and this Summer it seems like we have more then enough. Woo hoo!
The herbs are still alive thankfully. I only watered them twice and I felt the pots. They are still moist so I will just wing it. I also made more holes on the bottom of the pots so the water can escape better. I actually used almost all of them yesterday in cooking. I don't know what to do with the Thyme I have though. It is lemony and the taste is quite strong in food. I made eggplant parmesan and it tastes lemony, which it should not. I am going to look for some recipes that I can use it in. I guess I can use it as a lemon substitute.

No comments: