I love appetizers. More than main dishes. And dips are a weakness. Actually any savory food is a weakness. But dip in particular. I guess because it involves crackers and bread. Carbs. Yum. Paired with cheese. This dip did not disappoint. It was excellent.
Grilled Corn Dip
A Taste of Home
- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until
- tender, turning occasionally.
- Cut corn from cobs. In a large skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno
- in butter for 2-3 minutes or until almost tender. Add corn and
- garlic; saute 1-2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and chili powder.
- Stir in cheese and corn mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and