Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Per normal I have bananas turning brown. My son would eat them for every meal if I let him but he would also have difficulty going to the bathroom. TMI? Oh well. So I make the brown ones into banana bread for my husband. This was a very easy recipe I found over at Princess Pinky Girl. 




Chocolate Banana Bread

adapted from Princess Pinky Girl


Ingredients:3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 tablespoons milk
3 ripened bananas
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
About 1/2 bag chocolate chips (totally your preference on how much you like)


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar and the butter.  Use a mixer on low until combined.  Add eggs and blend.  Add milk and the bananas and mix for about 1 minute.  The batter may look at little lumpy – that’s ok!  Add the flour and the baking soda and mix until blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spray 2 loaf pans with non-cook spray and divide the batter among the two pans.
Bake for 45 minutes (mine took a little longer, but my ovens are not so great).  You should be able to insert a knife into the middle of the loaf and the knife should come out clean.
Remove from the oven and let cool about 30 – 45 minutes.  Remove from pan and serve (I serve one and freeze one… wrap in plastic wrap and then with tin foil and freeze)

No comments: