Adapted from from Picklebums.com
- 2 tbsp (approx 30gms) butter
- 4 eggs (separated)
- ⅓ sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour (or 1 cup of plain flour and 2 tsp baking powder)
- 1 cup milk
- 1- 1.5 cups Berries or fruit of choice
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C (approx 400 degrees F).
- Find a large baking dish or high sided ovenproof pan. Pop the butter into the dish (you don’t have to be accurate with the amount of butter) and put it in the oven till it has melted.
- While the butter melts separate the eggs and beat the eggs whites till they form soft peaks.
- In another bowl combine the egg yolks and sugar and beat well, then add the flour and milk and mix till you have got most of the lumps out!
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, it doesn’t matter if it is not mixed in completely, in fact that is better as you don’t want to knock the air out of it.
- Swirl the butter around until the bottom and sides of the dish are well coated, then pour in the pancake mixture. Add berries (or other fruit) into the batter as evenly spaced as you can.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is a lovely golden brown. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm!