Monday, October 07, 2013

A Full Meal

Last night's dinner was pretty awesome. We had sauteed kale in garlic and red pepper, cheesy cauliflower patties, and grilled steak with compound butter of thyme and chives.



Dinner was literally thrown together. I had leftover cauliflower and kale because of the soups I made.  I remember loving the recipe for the cauliflower patties. Brocoli rabe is a favorite so why wouldn't kale work the same way. Both side dishes turned out fantastic.

 




We had frozen some thin steaks we got on a sale a while back and I had fresh thyme in the fridge. I had always wanted to make compound butter because it is so very easy. The thyme worked so great with the butter and steaks. It was half a stick of butter and a teaspoon of fresh thyme. Fresh is the way to go.



It was a healthy, quick and very delicious meal.


No comments: