Zucchini is my it vegetable of the summer and Quinoa has become my go to grain for the summer. I love how I can add it to a Caprese salad for some debt. And it is so nutritious. I even threw in some avocado in there as I love them so. Of course have to have fresh mozzarella when it comes to salads.

Quinoa and Burrata Caprese Salad
adapted from 

Ingredients

2 medium tomatoes, sliced (I like Campari tomatoes unless I have fresh from my garden)

1 packaged ball of Burrata cheese

1/2 cup quinoa, cooked
5-6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons good and fruity extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Instructions


  1. Layer tomato slices in a salad bowl or plate. Remove the Burrata cheese from it's package and drain the water. Gently tear the cheese ball in half, reserving one half for another salad or other use (you should use the drained cheese within a day after draining.) Add the quinoa and basil leaves and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with the kosher salt and freshly ground pepper and serve