I grew up eating radishes. They helped cut out the heaviness of some meals during the winter months. So I was happy to find a recipe at La Loosh that would have me eat radishes.
adapted from http://www.laaloosh.com/2012/08/30/radish-salad-recipe/
- 1lb radishes, thinly sliced or julienned
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 of a medium sized red onion
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil and sugar, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving , and make sure to toss the salad at the half point of its time in the fridge.
- Mix well before serving, and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve cold or room temperature.