Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Amish Macaroni Salad

There is an Italian deli that requires about a half an hour car ride to get their macaroni salad. And I don't really want to travel half an hour in this heat so when I found the below recipe I know I came pretty close to this deli's fabulous macaroni salad. 





Amish Macaroni Salad
Ingredients
Adapted from www.chocolatemoosey.com 
Serves: 8 servings
  • 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
  • 1/2 – 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped (I used green olives instead with pimento inside)
  • 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and grated (roughly 1 carrot)
  • 1/4 cup onion, chopped (I used a shallot)
  • 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
Instructions
  1. Cook the macaroni as directed. Drain and cool.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and paprika (to taste).
  3. In a large bowl, mix together the macaroni, green pepper, carrot, onion, and egg. Add the dressing. Dust with paprika on top, if desired. Cover and chill at least 2 hours (overnight is best).

No comments: