Amish Macaroni Salad
Adapted from www.chocolatemoosey.com
Serves: 8 servings
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped (I used green olives instead with pimento inside)
- 1/2 cup carrot, peeled and grated (roughly 1 carrot)
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped (I used a shallot)
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Cook the macaroni as directed. Drain and cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and paprika (to taste).
- In a large bowl, mix together the macaroni, green pepper, carrot, onion, and egg. Add the dressing. Dust with paprika on top, if desired. Cover and chill at least 2 hours (overnight is best).