This would be a nice dish to serve on Christmas Even when most families abstain from meat. Piles of cheesy ravioli layered on top of cheese and tomato sauce.
Adapted from Cooking With My Kid
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 packages large rectangle shaped ravioli
2 cups marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Torn fresh basil and oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook ravioli until soft but still firm to the bite, drain.
3. In a square glass baking dish, spoon the marinara sauce evenly on the bottom of the dish. Place the raviolis in the dish side by side to cover the sauce. Spoon more sauce on to ravioli and spread evenly so they are all slathered in sauce. Sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella, then with fresh herbs to taste.
4. Repeat this until the dish is filled to the top. All of the raviolis should be covered in sauce. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
5. Bake in the 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until bubbling and slightly crusty on top. Let cool before serving.