Friday, December 07, 2012



Now that school has started again and my time is very limited I rely heavily on my crockpot for meals. And this Salsa Chicken recipe seemed filling and delicious. Well my husband and I enjoyed it. My eldest just chose to eat plain chicken with rice. My youngest just the rice and beans. On second thought I guess we enjoyed it in our own ways. I also would recommend it to serve to a large crowd over some rice. 

Slowcooker Salsa Chicken


Ingredients:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts 
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup 
(I used the cream of chicken)
1 cup salsa 
1 package taco seasoning
 
1 cup sour cream 
cilantro, for serving (optional) 
(I also added a little shredded cheddar-jack, black beans and scallion on top)
Directions: 

Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.

No comments: