It is soup weather. Just lovely. During this time of year I am happy just eating soup. French Onion is my favorite. But there are so many different soups to try I am not going to limit myself. I decided on a cauliflower, bacon and cheese soup. It also tastes really good if you omit the bacon and cheese and add a bit of curry spices to it.
|Cauliflower Bacon & Cheese Soup|
- 1 med. head of cauliflower, separated into flowerettes
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped, or about 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half or light cream
- chopped chives
- crispy bacon crumbled for garnish and yumminess
- Combine cauliflower, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken stock in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Puree in blender to desired consistency.
- Return to low. Blend in cream, Worcestershire, and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to mix well.
- Turn slow cooker to high and heat through; garnish servings with chopped chives, and crisp bacon crumbles if desired.