Wednesday, August 01, 2012



I had chicken, potatoes and lemon so I decided I would make Greek Lemon Chicken. Though I think the recipe should be called Medittereanen Chicken. I remember several aunts making a similar dish.  The meal was satisfying and easy to make. A salad on the side goes great with it. 


Greek Lemon Chicken
Adapted by Adapted from Everybody Likes Sandwiches 


Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs (skins removed or not, your call)
2 lemons, juiced
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t salt
1/4 t dried chili flakes


Directions:
Rinse and dry chicken and place in a ziplock bag. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours, flipping the bag once.
Preheat oven to 425F. Place chicken and marinade into a baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes. The chicken is done when the juices run clear after being pierced with a knife

No comments: