Friday, July 06, 2012

Yes it is another salad recipe. What can I say. It is Summer and blazing hot out there. I don't want to necessarily make my home any warmer. Ok I had to roast the beets a bit which meant I turned on the oven but I didn't do much work after that. I tossed all the ingredients together with some more greens and enjoyed this fantastic salad with a store brought raspberry salad dressing. Delicious!






































Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Adapted from Food & Fire

Ingredients:
3 large red beets
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, smashed 2 oz.
Goat cheese crumbled
2 Tbsp. pine nuts(I used walnuts)
Parsley or other fresh herbschopped (I used greens)
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 425. Wrap each beat individually in aluminum foil. Roast the beets on the middle rack until tender, about an hour to an hour and a half. Once cool enough to handle, peel the beet and dice it. Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Let it stand for a bit for the flavors to marry. Pluck out the garlic clove and then toss the diced beets with the mixture. Top with the rest of the ingredients

No comments: