Friday, May 04, 2012

Korean food is my favorite right now. I love the variety. I've been tempted to eat a family size portion of Kalbi myself. It does get pricey to eat out at a Korean restaurant though so any recipe I can find that is easy enough to make at home I will. And boy was this recipe so simple and so delicious. I wouldn't skimp on the scallion. They add to the dish big time. Ground Korean Beaf Adapted from Lizzy Writes
1 pound lean ground beef 1/4 - 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/4 cup soy sauce 1 Tablespoon sesame oil 3 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (see note) 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (to desired spiciness) salt and pepper 1 bunch green onions, diced Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil. Drain most of the fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper and red peppers. Simmer for a few minutes to blend the flavors. Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.

No comments: