Monday, August 15, 2011

Long time no see stranger. It has been far too long since I have posted. Family problems are still the same. Then my laptop and camera decided to die at the same time. Got those two things remided eventually however I am still without a full time stove. Thus I am forced to get creative. Though chicken salad is not very creative I waned to use up the left over BBQ'd chicken. And my husband requested it. He hardly ever requests specific dishes so I wanted to make him happy. Wouldn't you know it the internet has a variety of chicken salad recipes. But I wanted to keep it simple. I decided to adapt this recipe and it was a winner. The only thing I did differently was add hard boiled eggs and omit the almonds. Next time I think I will either add some grapes or apples because it did need a crunch factor. I just didn't want almonds in this particular salad.





Basic Chicken Salad
Adapted from All recipes

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
1 stalk celery, chopped

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper. Toss with chicken and celery.

No comments: