Creamy Taco Mac
1¼ lbs ground beef
8 oz dry pasta shapes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
4 tbsp taco seasoning
3 oz cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
Salt and pepper
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or sauté pan, cook the ground turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink. A few minutes before the turkey is cooked through, add the chopped onion to the skillet.
3. Once the turkey is cooked through, mix in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Mix in the diced tomatoes and taco seasoning and let simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the cooked pasta, cream cheese, and sour cream, and continue stirring until the cream cheese is melted and the sauce is well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Simmer over medium-low heat 3-5 minutes to reduce the sauce a bit. Remove from the heat and top with shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.