Monday, December 27, 2010
The combination of ham, cheese and shredded hashbrowns though simple is yet rich with flavors. It will leave you satisfied. Great for any meal.
Ham and Cheese Breakfast Bake
Adapted from shallwecook.blogspot.com
Makes 6 to 8 servings
2 12-ounce bags frozen, shredded hashbrowns, thawed overnight in fridge
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 boneless ham steak, diced
1.5 to 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
A few dashes of hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Squeeze moisture out of thawed potatoes then put them in a large bowl. Pour melted butter over potatoes and stir until well-combined. Line ungreased casserole dish with buttered potatoes, and press to make a crust. Bake 10 minutes or until potatoes are just crisped and brown on the edges. Remove dish from oven and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, cream and hot sauce.
4. Sprinkle ham over potato crust. Then add cheese. Pour cream and egg mixture over ingredients.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until set and gold and bubbling at edges.