Monday, August 10, 2009

When I make pasta for a meal I generally only make six different dishes baked Ziti with hot Italian sausage, Linguine with corn and ham, bow tie pasta with pesto and hot Italian sausage or chicken Parmesan with Linguine Alfredo. And the occasional lasagna ad shells. I have wanted to try Spaghetti Carbonara for a long time but was concerned about the eggs. See with this particular dish you throw in the eggs while the pasta is hot. I was concerned about Salmonella poisoning. Until I found this simple recipe. I omitted the broccoli(though I do love the veggie) and used prosciutto instead of bacon. Plus I let the eggs cook in the cream. It turned out to be very rich yet satisfying dish. Something I am adding to my pasta repertoire.



1 comment:

Abby said...

You've been blogging a lot!

I've always wanted to try it, but I'm such a chicken. I'm so afraid I'll cook the eggs and ruin it. I never see it on menus around here, which makes me think it's difficult!