Thursday, January 10, 2008

This month's Weekend Cookbook Challenge hosted by its originator Sara from I Like To Cook is all about veggies.

Mmmm. I love veggies. If it wasn't for bacon I would totally be a vegetarian. Not vegan though cause I love dairy also.

Vegetables were a big part of my family's diet while growing up. My brother pointed out at a family dinner recently that my mom cooked a lot of veg while my dad loved to barbecue. Seems right since this is also true for my household and also with my brother's.

Anyway I chose to make a dish that is near my heart. Zucchini fritters/pancakes. This is my mother's recipe and I am sure she got the recipe from a family member as well. Right now I omit the Feta from the recipe though as not good for the little one. Zucchini fritters/pancakes are great as a side dish or appetizer for a party. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Zucchini fritters/pancakes

1 medium Zucchini grated & drained of excess water
1 heaping tablespoon(use a real spoon) of flour
1 teaspoon of fresh Dill or more if you like
2 eggs
Crumpled feta(if you so desire)
salt and pepper
Quarter cup of Olive Oil

Mix all the ingredients together and form into fritters or pancakes. Should make four or five large ones and a bunch of little ones. Let them set in the fridge for ten minutes. Then fry in a shallow pan in olive oil. Enjoy warm. Simply delicious!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Yum! I love zucchini and these look wonderful. Thanks for taking part in WCC again Ani.

Laurie Constantino said...

Zucchini fritters, YUM! Yours look really good!

Peter M said...

Fabulous looking fritters...and us Greeks love our zucchini!