Friday, September 07, 2007

Has McDonald's began to sell their Angus Thirdpounder burgers in your area yet?McDonald's is airing a commercial in our area showing three guys from Boston who envy New York because we have the burger. The commercial makes it seem that NYC is the only test market for the new burger. Which is kind of neat because New York doesn't get to be a test market for a lot of things. Niel and I were talking about that the other day coicidentally enough, before we tried the burger. The Angus certainly does taste more meaty, but it is a huge burger. It was good to try but I don't think I would make it a habit of eating it. Not that we do eat at McDonald's frequently. If there is something new we will try it. A few days after trying the Angus, we saw a documentary on how McDondal's makes new products and tests them. It was pretty interesting. Then I read this article that Southern California McDonald's are selling them too. So I don't understand the point of the commercial.

3 comments:

Mrs.D said...

I haven't seen any commercials for them down in the South. To me it seems like too much meat but my hubby would probably love it.

Sara said...

Haven't seen them advertised here either, but I don't think they bring many of their specialty stuff to Canada.

Jesser said...

I haven't seen these, which is interesting, because Denver always used to be a test market for McDonald's. Hubby will be sad when I tell him!