Monday, April 23, 2007

Hope everyone had a good weekend. The weather was so lovely in NYC this weekend. And it may continue into this week. Niel and I did our usually errand running, cleaning and organizing. But we did manage to enjoy the lovely weather too. We walked around the park a bit enjoying some ice cream and icey's from Rita's. Also went to see Hot Fuzz. We hadn't been to a movie theater since Borat! It is about an overachieving police officer Simon Pegg who is relocated to a sleepy hamlet because he's making the rest of his department look bad. He think his life there is going to be boring but he is in for a surprise. There are very few movies which I think are perfect and Hot Fuzz certainly was. I've enjoyed the comedy work of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright, since Shaun of the Dead(also another perfect film) so I said to myself anything they would create together again I would see. And I couldn't really wait for Hot Fuzz to come to Netflix. We laughed so hard and enjoyed the adventure but it was also a nice movie about buddies. Much like Shaun of the Dead was. Another biggie for me was they're British. Heh heh. It's going to be one of those films I could watch over and over again. And just because it is a spoof, also like Shaun of the Dead was it isn't stupid such as a lot of satire's are. I highly recommend the film.

Also saw Dick and Jane on cable which stars Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni. The ending was nice but I would guess the original would be better. Caught the orignal Ocean's 11 on cable as well. Really good film. Kudos to the current producers of Ocean's 11 for trying to keep the coolness of the original film intact but also for adding modern touches to it.

I really don't care for the show Thank God You're Here but I really like Dave Foley so I bare through it. If you are a fan of Kids In The Hall you would understand. But honestly can't think I can take much more of it. Poor Dave Foley has to resort to being a judge.

Accidentally purchased some maple flavored bacon. I really don't like. I prefer bacon salty.

2 comments:

Jesser said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Ours was very busy and the house is still a mess and I still have like 80 things on my to-do list. But we at least got to go for a hike and enjoy the beautiful weather!!

Yvett said...

Although I really want to watch Hot Fuzz and can't wait to see it, I'm going to have to. For a while at least. The only movies we go to now are kiddie movies. :(