Monday, March 19, 2007

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. The weather went from beautiful to crappy. Still managed to get our errands done though. We did have fun too when Niel suggested we go into Manhattan to see the Saint Patrick's Day Parade. It stopped snowing enough to go in. But melting ice started to fall from some buildings. It was kind of neat to see. I'm not Irish and Niel I think is 1/36, but it was a neat idea and a fun to see the parade. Niel suggested a good spot and I found out I really like parades. I waved and hooted while Niel took photos. Maybe he will put them up later on his flickr. Niel also walked his brother's dog this weekend. After we picked up his mom from the train station on Sunday we had dinner at the Hispanic restaurant. Mmmm roast pork.

My non bloggy friend Jennifer sent me a link to a free samples page. Thought I should pass it on. Check often though. Stuff goes fast.

Our oven broke. I turned it on to bake some chicken and it wouldn't heat up. We told the landlord. She thought it could be the pilot light nope. She said she was going to send someone to come and look. It's been a few days now and I hope she does it soon. I can only think of so many things to make on the stove top. And baking is a lot healthier for meat and potatoes. So I cleaned the oven in case that could be the problem.

3 comments:

S said...

Ooh...I just sent in for a free sample of the lipstick. I hope your oven gets repaired soon.

Yvett said...

Thanks for the samples page! I love freebies.

Hey, bummer about the oven. I hope it gets fixed quickly.

Jesser said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! We ate fish 'n' chips yesterday to celebrate St. Patty's day. Neither of us likes corned beef. ;)