Monday, July 03, 2006

Although Niel and I have to work today we had a pretty nice weekend. But I get days off that most don't so it evens out.


Saturday we went to see Superman Returns. I highly recommend it. The film is a new version of 3. Superman has been gone for five years. When he returns Lex Luther(wonderfully played by Kevin Spacey) is still hell bent on revenge and destroying the world. The filmmakers did a nice job of explaining why it took five years for him to return, at least Niel did. The actor who played Clark Kent/Superman did well for first timer. Brandon Routh could almost be the twin of Christopher Reeve in appearance and performance. Kate Bosworth can't act for spit. But we couldn't think of any other actress who could do a good job either in that age range. Parker Posey was an annoyance. And Kal Penn was a waste in the film. But I guess he wanted to work with Spacey. Also I thought many of the scenes were just stunning. And it didn't just have to do with how pretty Brandon Routh is. But I hope there aren't any more Superman movies made. I worry they will be terribly disappointing because of Superman's new discovery. A few recommendations I do have for movie goers. Do NOT bring little children into these type of films. There are some very graphic fighting scenes and in a dark and loud theater they get scared and start yelling "I WANT TO GO HOME" repeatedly. Also if you are the type of person who needs to loudly do a play by play of every scene; for the love of God wait for the film to be released on cable and stay home. What happened to people's senses? Really what happened?! Afterwards we had a great lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen. We ordered the Neapolitan Sicilian. The crust is fantastic. Reminded us of the pizza we enjoyed in Toronto's Little Italy. Nice and thin and not too saucy but very flavorful. We also had a Pizza Carne Asada. That was packed full of delicious as well. So glad a nice mall opened up close to us. In the evening my parents came over, we ordered a yummy Spanish dinner and talked about the World Cup. My father is very into soccer. Wow can't believe England is out. For dessert we ate watermelon. Can't get enough of it. I like it when the watermelon is still pink inside and not red. It gets too sweet for me when it's too red. It was a very nice day.

Sunday Niel went to help Kelvin & Shawnda who were in town dropping off some of Kelvin's items. I did laundry. Let me recommend to look through all pockets when doing laundry. I failed to do so and one of my pants stinks of fish oil vitamins which exploded in the dryer. Those definitely need rewashing. Uch. In the late afternoon we ran some errands and returned home. Niel watched the Mets/Yankees game in the bedroom and I watched stuff on tape in the living room. Tomorrow Niel and I are off and have a BBQ at Niel's mother and brother's house.

I really enjoy finding items on sale. I recently got a few name brand body washes for $1, a few boxes of cranberries for $1.00 and a pound of strawberries for a $1. These items are usually much more.
We also recently viewed Kingdom of Heaven on cable. It was fairly entertaining but sad that those problems still exist. We also saw the Pacifier on cable. It was cute. Niel is right the Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel are very similar actors.

5 comments:

S said...

I had to giggle when I read about your exploding vitamin. I was thinking that same thing about checking the pockets while I was doing laundry last night. :)
I love sales!

foodiechickie said...

Yeah that was pretty silly of me. LOL.

Lisanne said...

Ooooh ... yay for the bath and body finds! :) I am *loving* watermelon right now, too. I like the sweet red kind, though! :) And strawberries ... those are my two summer cravings at the moment. I want to make some watermelon sorbet!

foodiechickie said...

Mmm watermelon sorbet is yummy!

foodiechickie said...

Unbelievable! The balls some people have! It's gotten so bad that movies are just not enjoyable anymore.