Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I want to share the Mojito recipe that I mentioned which Niel made. It really is awesome. We've had a few times now and it keeps getting better. Although I don't know why the name is Blue Mojito because it comes out in a lovely green. Maybe not enough Blue Curacoa? Be careful though because since it is so sweet you may want to drink more. So be sure you eat a lot before you do though or decrease the alcohol in the recipe. Although I think people will drink alcohol even if it doesn't taste sweet. I say this when I think back to my bachelorett party and I drank six double shots of tequila. Those things taste disgusting. I have no idea why I drank that many or any really. I hate hard liquor. The bucket was my friend that night. Anyway Niel did post the recipe on his blog and I don't know how many of you visit his blog so I am sharing the recipe here. Oh you should visit by the way. He's very funny.



Blue Mojito

2 shots Blue Curacoa

3 shots Rum

1/3 cup lime juice

Two heaping teaspoons of brown sugar

Mint kind of smashed up



Put all ingredients in shaker. Shake. In a glass smash up some more mint. Put down some ice. Pour mixture over the ice ... enjoy.


Isn't the color pretty?



Bottoms up!



I pity the fool who don't try this Mojito!



Song Stuck In My Head: "Breaking The Law"

Craving: Cupcakes from the cupcake cafe

9 comments:

Yvett said...

Yum! Thank you!

curlygirl said...

I had the opportunity to try a mojito at a wedding over the weekend...now I'm bummed I didn't try it. They sound so good.

Jessica said...

Thanks for that recipe. I've been wanting to try it.
A cupcake does sound good now :)

foodiechickie said...

Glad to help Yvett.

Make some Curly!

Hope you like it Jessica. Seriously the week I had I deserve that expensive cupcake. Forget the week. The eight years I've had at work!!!

Amanda said...

Sounds pretty good Ani. I might have to make some soon ;)

Mike said...

The problem I have with Mojitos is getting the sugar to disolve. The first 3/4 of the drink is nice and tart because of the lime juice. Then I get to the bottom of the drink and its super sweet because all the sugar settles down there.

Victoria Winters said...

Mojitos are my favorite drink. I've never put curacao in it though - only ice, clear rum, raw sugar, mint leaves, and club soda. YUM.

Victoria Winters said...

...oh, and lime juice! Duh! :)

foodiechickie said...

Let me know how it turns out Amanda.

Mike how about using the powdered sugar?

VC-I've tried that kind. I like this one a little better:)