Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The first time I heard of Halloumi cheese was when Nigella Lawson was preparing a dish with it on her cooking show. I love cheese and wanted to try a cheese I had never heard of before. She was actually grilling it. Halloumi apparently has a high heat threshold. But I couldn't find Halloumi in any of my local supermarkets. I got to try a salad that had Halloumi as an ingredient in it at Le Souk. It was so mild tasting. Sort of reminded me of mozzarella. I finally found some at Zabar's (a NY institution). Can't wait to replicate the Le Souk salad. Here are some recipes that use Halloumi if you are interested.

1 comment:

foodiechickie said...

Love Wallace and Grommit! I can relate to Wallace's obsession with cheese as well. Kryptonite=good example! LOL. Grommit is my favorite though.