Thursday, February 02, 2006

I really didn't have a favorite type of warm fish. Until I tasted Tilapia. But more on that shortly. I don't count shell fish as fish although it is seafood. I know I have wacky reasoning. I do love all shellfish: lobster, shrimp, squid, scallops, oysters, crabs, mussels. In a cold or warm dish. Ok maybe not all shellfish. I'm not too keen on crawfish. My favorite cold fish is Lox which is basically salted Salmon. Love those salty peach colored, creamy fishies. It's heavenly on a bagel with plain cream cheese, onion and tomato. Ok onto my favorite warm fish. Tilapia is light and easy on the palate. I whipped up some for dinner recently. I coated the Tilapia in egg, patted it in Panko(so awesome but that is for another post) seasoned with Adobo and Paprika and lightly fried it in olive oil. It was a delicious meal. If you want recipes click here.


Alive


Not so much


Song Stuck In My Head: Afternoon Delight from Anchorman.(Damn you Ron Burgundy & Niel!)

Craving: For it to be 5PM

5 comments:

foodiechickie said...

You and me are on the same page about being a vegetarian if it weren't for seafood and ok um bacon.

S said...

Sky rockets in flight...Afternoon delight! hehehe
I'll have to try that recipe for tilapia. That's one of my new year's resolutions- to cook more seafood at home.

foodiechickie said...

Ahh we're harmonizing together Jessica;) Oooh can't wait to read about your recipes. The Panko can be found in the international aisle or an Asian store. Good luck!

foodiechickie said...

Ahh see we both like seafood something in common finally;) LOL! I've seen those cage free eggs in my neighborhood too. I buy them when they come on sale though since Trader Joe's is too far from me.

foodiechickie said...

Sounds good to me! I have to try the Orange Roughy.