Monday, January 23, 2006

The weekend was nice and relaxing. We mainly stayed home except to grocery shop, do laundry or visit with my parents. I also made a Shepherd's Pie after I made a stew with lamb I didn't care for. Niel liked it fine but I know we wouldn't eat it again. Instead of chucking good ingredients I made the Shepard's Pie out of it. Tasty!!! We also watched Four Brothers. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Set in Michigan and as the title says is about four brothers who were adopted. It didn't really go into their rough backgrounds and why they were put up for adoption. It focused on the love they had for their adoptive mother and also one another. Blood sometimes is not thicker than water. After their mother's death they come home for the funeral and to seek revenge. It reminded me somewhat of a Charles Bronson film. The conversations between the four actors were very natural feeling. It felt like the actors had bonded off screen. The movie had a lot of twists and turns and I was yelling at the top of my lungs for the brothers to succeed. I recommend renting it. While we watched the movie we ate Dominos. Niel and I both had previously turned up our noses to this pizza chain but something possessed us Friday night to try it. We got the Steak Lovers pizza. The best chain made pizza I have ever had!!!!!! So run out and get some Dominos while you watch Four Brothers!

Here is a cute article about animals bonding. No its not the one with the snake and the hamster. That I find worrisome. I don't know how long that little hamster will live honestly. And I am sorry that little whale in London couldn't be helped.

If you comment you'll hear back from me either in an email or in my comments section. Depending on if your email address is available and how I am feeling. Thought I should put that out there.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Stick to the Status Quo" from High School Musical

Craving: For it to be Friday instead of Monday!

Stupid Story of the Week: Croatian man complains of getting a woman's kidney

4 comments:

curlygirl said...

I have the Four Brothers movie but haven't had a chance to see it yet. It sounds like a really good movie...can't wait to see it.

foodiechickie said...

Hope you get to see Four Brothers and enjoy it with a Dominos.

Hope you like it to Irah:)

foodiechickie said...

I'm considering putting it on my Netflix Que. Thanks for the tip.

foodiechickie said...

I found out so did a coworker. I guess something in the air?