Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'd like to share another slow cooker recipe. It's for pot roast. I have to admit at being skeptical. I wasn't sure how the ingredients would work together. I just didn't think there was enough liquid. But it was fantastic!

Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe

2 (10.75 ounce) cans
condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion
soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
5 1/2 pounds pot roast


Directions
1 In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion
soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat
with soup mixture.
2 Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low
setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Womp There It Is" by Tag Team.

10 comments:

Jesser said...

LOL! My parents have been using that recipe for years!! Sounds weird, eh? It is good tho. And I'm not even much of a meat eater. Hehehe... mmmm ... fall food. I wanna make soup now.

foodiechickie said...

I've seen it before on the recipe sites so I am not surprised. I just finally got around to making it. I was surprised at how good it was. My mom either made pot roast on the stove top or in the oven.

Lisanne said...

Ani, how ironic ... I went to the store the other day to get pot roast for our crockpot! The problem is, I goofed and bought "pork roast" instead. I made it and then wondered, "Why doesn't this taste like pot roast?" LOL! :D The Food TV Network shows have ALL been doing pot roast, it seems. I really want to have some soon!!!

foodiechickie said...

How was the pork roast? That sounds good too. I love both dishes with lots of garlic!

justJENN said...

Psst.

If you use APPLE JUICE, the meat becomes more tender and has great flavor.

foodiechickie said...

Instead of water. Thank you:)The flavor was good but the meat was tough. I was thinking of marinating the meat first but I will try this too.

Laura said...

Hmmm it sounds very good!

foodiechickie said...

I was so surprised it was. Hi Lisa's sister!

Rachel said...

I am scared of anything using condensed soup as an ingredient.

foodiechickie said...

I've used condensed soups for a variety of recipes(not just mushroom) and knock wood nothing has ever happened. I've even tried canned veggies and still here.