Monday, September 12, 2005

It was a nice relaxing weekend. How was yours? I wonder though how it is September already. It still feel its only the beginning of Summer and not just about the end. Although weather wise it was nice and cool this morning. On Saturday Niel went to an Oktoberfest celebration on the grounds of a nice new mall being built a few neighborhoods from us. It will be a one level mall with the stores and a movie theater being in a circle with parking. And in the middle of the circle is a nice park with benches and a band shell. Plus they'll be a farmer's market there every Saturday. Although I love going into Manhattan to the farmer's market one closer is much easier sometimes. I hope a Michaels, Joanne's and Whole Foods will be some of the stores to rent space, but that is asking too much. In the evening after a nice run out to Ikea we watched My Boss's Daughter. It was one of the worst films I have seen. Those are two hours I am not getting back. How could good comedians like Dave Foley be in that? It made me sad because he was one of the supporting characters for Ashton Kutcher(shudder) but I guess Foley needs work too.

The rest of the weekend was running errands and relaxing. Sunday Niel watched some football since another festival we wanted to go to was starting later than we thought. I watched some movies on cable and crafted while ziti and sausage I prepared was baking in the oven. Niel watched the games in the bedroom since we only have DVR in the living room. The two movies(Le Divorce and Dr. T and the Women) I watched I wouldn't recommend either. Later when the games were over we happily welcomed back The Simpsons and Family Guy. I also taped My Fair Brady. I'm curious to see that now that is since Hogan Knows Best is on hiatus.

I also was asked to be the Review Editor for All Things Girl which I said yes to. I am so excited about it! The entertainment/creative section of a publication has always been something I have been interested in being a part of. I hope I do well. If you've seen any movies or read any books recently and want to write about it. Please submit here My bio is not up yet though. I guess it will be for the October/November addition. Here are some pics of our weekend.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Apache" by Sugar Hill Gang

11 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fun weekend, Ani! The mall sounds terrific! It's always nice to have a new theater in town!

foodiechickie said...

Yeah my burby area of nyc isn't too shabby.

Mike said...

Where is the new mall?

foodiechickie said...

A few blocks up past Cooper's.

Yvett said...

How fun, Ani. Congrats on the review editor position!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks so much Yvett!

Thank you. I honestly did not notice but the next time I go I can look. Sorry there isn't an Ikea closer to you.

I found these square ones at Linen and things. http://www.lnt.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1434716

S said...

Congratulations Ani! That's so cool. I want to go to an Ikea store! I think the closest one to me is in Virginia?

foodiechickie said...

Ahhh then a dollar store or an arts and craft store will be better.

Thanks Jessica. Man Ikea is dropping the ball by not opening up in CO and the South. Pooh

Rachel said...

Congrats!

Kimberly @ kimberussell.com said...

Congratulations on the Review Editor position! :)

And Peter Brady grew up to be not such a bad looking guy...I'm intrigued...

foodiechickie said...

Thank you. Yes he is pretty nice looking.