Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Three day weekends I believe should be mandatory. I always come back to work from a regular two day weekend feeling unsatisfied as how quickly Saturday and Sunday had gone by. But with three day weekends I feel accomplished and relaxed. Honestly though no matter how many days I have off it's still a little difficult getting back into work mode.
Niel and I stayed close to home because it's just too crowded to go away or visit any of the touristy spots such as museums. Plus Niel walked his brother's dog since my B-I-L was away. So Niel and I watched a lot of movies, Team America(had some funny scenes), Lucky 13(such poop) and the British version of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy(very good. Mostly matched by the American version). BBQ'd at Niel's mom's house and my parents, had yummy Indian food with Dave and Holly(always nice to see them). And happy that we have a good Indian restaurant in our town that not only we, but Niel's friends from his old neighborhood can enjoy also. We also ran a few errands, did some chores around the house. I crafted a bit and wrote, we found a cool sculpture park and tried Thai Chi. We thought it would be mostly help our flexibility. But wow did it kick out butts. We went back home and had a good two-three hour nap. I could have slept more. And I am not generally a person that likes to nap or sleep for too long. I feel like I miss out. The sculpture park's current theme is sports. We're curious to go back and see what their next theme will be in a few weeks. It's funny how many neat things are so close by. Plus there is a Costco right next door to peruse. We also tried Smores for the first time. Sorry to say I don't understand what the big fuss is about. I also tried Stove Top for the first time. I like it as stuffing mixed with other things, but not alone. Here are pics of the weekend. Please also go check out some of the pots I made.

Song Stuck In My Head: "Uptown Girl" by Billy Joel

10 comments:

Mike said...

Hey where are the pictures of you and Niel doing Thai Chi? Everybody was kung foo fighting!!!

I agree Smores aren't all that great.

foodiechickie said...

Niel wouldn't let me:)

Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I thought its like a real American treat. So glad you and Niel don't like them much either.

Yvett said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend. You don't like s'mores? Really? I love them. What kind of empanadas did you have? Also those pots are really cute!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Jess. I'm glad you had a good weekend also. I feel the same way about vacations. I want to pack a bunch in but end up a bit tired.

Hi Yvett. They were beef empanadas. The dough was so good. Thin and crispy! I wanted to like the smores. Cause I love Marshmellows but didn't like them.

Shannon said...

Cute pots!

foodiechickie said...

Thanks Shannon:)

Niel said...

That picture of your husband forcing a dog to drink beer is disgusting!

So disgusting it is my new background!

foodiechickie said...

LOL!

MarylandMommy said...

Guess you wouldn't like my S'mores Pie Recipe! Ha! I love s'mores because they remind me of my childhood.....I just can't eat too many or I get a belly ache!

foodiechickie said...

Hey I'd be willing to try anything.