Thursday, June 03, 2004

The following pictures are some of the gardens in my neighborhood. I hope to have my own little garden some day to grow veggies, flowers and maybe a cherry tree.


flowers in garden Posted by Hello



Tree with Ivy. Posted by Hello


I wish I already had the camera phone. Because I could have posted a picture of a man in a banana suit handing out flyers infront of my office building. Drats. To have such silly problems is a blessing.

I was out with my coworker/friend Isabelle when I noticed a homeless man with his dog. I proceeded to give change to him. He puts out his hand. I think that is funny when he has a perfectly good cup. Right all homeless people have a cup? Stupid me, he had actual coffee in his cup! Luckily I discovered this before ruining his drink. I profusely apologized and went back to the laughing Isabelle. Yep almost like Two Weeks Notice.

I am seeing more and more entertainers.
in the subway. Some of them I think are amazing(the guy who dances with a mannequin). The other day I saw a man playing Somewhere Over The Rainbow on his saxophone. It was so beautiful.

Finished reading Drowning Anna by Sue Mayfield. It only took me only two train rides to finish it. I'll admit it was a short book, but very engrossing. It's about a high school girl who is bullied by her peers. I liked how the author gave not only a voice to the main character but to her mother and best friend. The reader was able to gain a perspective from many sides. I think it should be a mandatory read for school children. Yet I don't think just reading it would do anything. I think stopping bad behavior comes from home or begins at home. It is so easy to make scapegoats out of people who do better instead of being happy for them and trying to improve ourselves. Thanks to Niel for getting me this book.

Julia Roberts is pregnant and having twins!

Did anyone know that a woman invented the windshield wipers?

Two of my coworkers are leaving. Their presence in the office will be greatly missed. They brought many bright hours with their attitude and work ethic.

Last night we rented the remake of Freaky Friday. Chad Michael Murray looks good scruffy. I liked the moral of the movie. People should try to understand what it might be like to be in someone else's shoes, but most of the time we rather see one another bleed. I learned at a very young age to smile even at the rudness, but sometimes this is difficult.

8 comments:

curlygirl said...

Drowning Anna sounds like a really good book. Can you believe I still haven't finished Memoirs of a Geisha? It's not that it's not a good book, it's actually a really really good book, I just haven't had the time to sit down and read lately. I also want to read the other book that you recommended, Scottish Girls about town. I just have to get to it and finish this book : )

foodiechickie said...

Ahh the busy gals life! I know the feeling. Beeing pulled in different directions. Do you commute to work? Maybe you can on the bust/train?

Niel said...

No more Chad Michael Murray movies for you!!! Why do I even know who this guy is?

Anonymous said...

That tree is soooo pretty...
-Maria

foodiechickie said...

Hey honey I'm afraid you're out of luck. Apparently he is the only teen hunk out there so all the directors want him.

Thanks Maria. It is a pretty tree.

Anonymous said...

Ani,

Drowning Anna sounds like a very good book! I'm going to have to pick up that one. Also leave it to a woman to invent the windshield wiper...we're always thinking of the details right?...ha ha ha!

Michele
http://theprettypurse.blogs.com/

foodiechickie said...

Yes I cannot recommened this book enough. It is soooo well written. It not only has the main character's voice but of her mother and her sort of best friend.

I also couldn't agree more. Leave it to a woman to remember the details!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Wish there was a photo of the banana-man, too! Nothing that exciting ever happens in my neighbourhood :)

~ laura