Sunday, March 14, 2004

This past week was a good cooking week. All the recipes and places we tried were tasty. That makes me really happy.
Today I made ribs with Asian spices. I used four pairs of ribs with a good amount of ribs still on them. I marinated them with a cup of soy sauce, four scallions, a few Thai chilies, green peppers, a few zests of ginger, 4 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of honey and mirin. I let the ribs soak for a little over a day and then I broiled it for about 8 minutes each side. We ate it with salad and Lipton's Teriyaki Noodles. I want to try their Sesame Noodles next. News that doesn't make me happy. My mom mentioned that one of her cousins husband lost his job(who is only a year or so older than I am). They have a one year old and a baby on the way. How will they pay for food, their mortgage, the hospital and other things? He has a degree in international business. I hate it when people have money problems. I hope it gets resolved soon. It scares me. I hope it never happens to us again.
I helped out Niel with his scout troops pancake breakfast. I make a baked good sometimes from scratch and sit at the cake table for a few hours twice a year. The kids are nice. Niel was soo pooped that we had to reschedule with my parents. Hey it happens. I made a pineapple upside down cake and it sold. Below is a picture of the cake. To see more pictures that Niel took while I was baking. Go here.





I was able to sell one item from my ebay list. I hope the rest go. If not I am sure I can eventually(when we have a home...i.e. more room) I will be able to find room for them. There is a lot of purple on the list. I didn't realize till I looked back that I liked purple a lot when I was younger. Sheesh.

No comments: