Monday, November 24, 2003

Our office let us out of work early on Friday and I went down to 14th street to go to the Bath, Bath and Beyond to find the kitchen utensils for the holidays. I scored there! I walked up to Barnes and Noble to look for my brother's Christmas gift. Did not score there. Maybe I will check out the Barnes and Noble on Austin Street? I should have bought it when I saw it there last week. Grumble Grumble. I am always doing that. Met Niel after work and we went home together. It is really nice going home with the hubby. We have bumped into one another at the bus stop as well. It gives me a reason to be lazy and not study. The studying is not hard. I rather enjoy Niel's company. We had a nice dinner of Chinese food (and I nibbled on left overs all weekend) before he left to go camping. Saturday I didn't get swayed into being a couch potato and watching the Food Network . I instead went food shopping for Thanksgiving and also bought a server I was eying. It matches the funky servers I bought a few months back. Luckily they are from the same company. I then cleaned the closets and the house. And let me tell you what a pain it is to clean blinds. When we have a house one day. I think we will only purchase Roman Shades. I of course will clean the house again when I take off on Wednesday and try to cook some of the side dishes; because the oven will be occupied with Mr. Gobbles all morning Thursday. I can't wait for the day when I will have two ovens(and a dishwasher and washer and dryer). I pray the turkey will come out as good as last year. My cooking unfortunately is sporadic. I get it right the first time but after that I sometimes don't. Saturday evening I finished the last touches on the frames and decorated some pots while watching Eloise on ABC . The story is the adventures of a Precocious child who lives in The Plaza . I then fell asleep sorting through my recipes while SNL was in the background.
Sunday Niel returned . Yippe!! We ran some errands and stopped by at Kelvin and his girlfriend Rachel's new digs. It is the apt. above Niel's mother's house. Now back at work to all this craziness!

No comments: